1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small LCD-TV for (real) 720/50 through DVI?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Ar-Jar, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Ar-Jar

Ar-Jar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a desktop display to test HTPC applications with. It should be able to display 720p in genuine 50 Hz (not 50Hz input shown with 60Hz) through DVI (digital). I'm now using my old HS-10 projector which works fine technically but is a bit clumsy to use for testing. I think the capability that I'm looking for is indicated by the "HD Ready" logo but I've seen 768x1024 screens with this log so I don't really know...

I was looking at the new Sony MFM HT75W LCD-TV but cannot deduce from any documentation on-line whether it actually supports 720p/50 over DVI. I was left with the impression that it supports 50 Hz through analog component input but only 60 Hz through DVI.

Does anybody have any hands-on regarding this?

Also, if the Sony doesn't work, does anybody have any other recommendations for a similar display.

Thanks!

Arto

PS. Sorry for the double-posting. I realized that this forum was probably more appropriate than the HTPC-forum.

2. jon2099

jon2099

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The Samsung 730MW may be able to do it. It has DVI-HDCP so it ought to be able to accept 'consumer video' formats rather than just a PC graphics card. On the Australian websites at least, the list of features includes 'HD ready' and they use 50Hz there. Some people on this forum own this TV but AFAIK no one has posted back about 50Hz compatibility over DVI-HDCP.