1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small LCD for kitchen

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by daveb975, Oct 19, 2005.

1. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Could anyone recommend a small LCD for the kitchen?

I was looking for the Toshiba 17WL46, but can't seem to find it below £350, which is more than I wanted to pay.

Not too fussy if it is 4:3 or 16:9, although the latter is preferred.

2. dickst3

dickst3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Panasonic TX17LX2 or TX15LX2 (we have the 15 on our kitchen wall).

3. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Thanks.

I am guessing the 15" is an older model, as a quick Google search reveals prices of £500-£600+!

I like the look of the Panasonic's, but as with the Toshiba sets the price is around £350 for the 17".

I was hoping someone would have released a 15" which I could get for about £250. I have also been looking at the Sharp 13" that Richer Sounds do for £199. This wouild be ideal, but they don't seem to have any stock anywhere.

4. gordy

gordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi there

I just bought a 17" widescreen for the kitchen from Cleardragon off ebay and so far have been suitably impressed.
    I had my doubts about buying off ebay but they also have a legit website - www.cleardragon.co.uk - and if you put a search in on these forums you'll find a bit of chatter about them.
    The spec's not too fancy dan, but when you see the price they go for, there's no point in expecting miracles.
    I paid a grand total of 243 quid including delivery. Customer service was superb, delivery was on time, and they were quick to answer any email queries.
    The only input I'm using is the RF connector at the end of some co-ax which runs from my Sky+ box, and the picture is more than adequate.
    I'm no great expert on LCDs, right enough, but to the untrained eye, and for a kitchen TV, it's an absolute bargain.

Check 'em out here:
    http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfromZ...sZcleardragonQ5fukQQsspagenameZFAVQ3aFQ3aSRCH

Worth looking at the completed listings to see what they go for on average. (Think I was quite lucky - picked my moment with one and managed to win it for 191!)

Do take care though - you have to add VAT to your winning bid and delivery.

Having said that though, you're still getting a lot of telly for around the 25o quid mark.

Good luck

5. BuyCleverStuff

BuyCleverStuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3