Small Investment

johnny70

Hi

I have a small amount of cash (£2500/£3000) that i want to put away for a few years, whats the best option to get the best % back, looked at ISA, Equity Bonds, anything else I should consider. Any help would be great.:thumbsup:

Thanks

JOHNNY

lord-dudester

i'd go isa or premium bonds if you want access to it, if you can handle the restrictions then maybe a fixed term investment vehicle would give better returns

there are a few IFA's among our members here, hopefully they could point you in a better direction....?

(for a fee of course! haha!)

Steven

Senior Moderator
Contact woodywizz. Believe he's a bank manager. And a Utd fan... Boo! Seriously he's a nice guy and gives free advice... so hopefully he doesn't change that now lol :D

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Look at the money saving expert website

booyaka

Hi

I have a small amount of cash (£2500/£3000) that i want to put away for a few years, whats the best option to get the best % back, looked at ISA, Equity Bonds, anything else I should consider. Any help would be great.:thumbsup:

Thanks

JOHNNY

under 5 years and want accessability - use your cash ISA allowance. Have a look around for the best rate in the high street or online. should get about 5.5%/6% or there abouts.

www.moneysupermarket.com

5 years plus consider a equity (stocks and Shares ISA) potential over the longer term to well out perform the cash ISA, however there is no fixed rates in a stocks and shares ISA, it's dependant on the performance of the funds/fund that you invest into.

as with most things - the more risk you take the potentially better returns you can get, however with that go the larger downsides and risks attached to your capital.

try having a look at

www.fool.co.uk
www.fidelity.co.uk

as a couple of places to consider if thinking of Stocks and Shares ISA

Anything else, give us a shout - i am an IFA for my sins!:devil:

Philly112

Distinguished Member
Of course you could always put it into your pension....!
Depends on how quickly you need the cash.

Phil

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
Contact woodywizz. Believe he's a bank manager. And a Utd fan... Boo! Seriously he's a nice guy and gives free advice... so hopefully he doesn't change that now lol :D

I have tears welling up :blush: :D

As for the op's question - I mirror exactly what Booyaka has said - use the ISA allowance...

That will be £28.72 thankyou - please Paypal me to [email protected] :smashin: :D

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Hi

Thanks

JOHNNY
Pm Booyaka he'll give you some good tips re share ISAs :) I took out one of his suggestions and its are lookin good already.
I understand Premium bonds are only good if you invest near the limit in which case you are more likely to get regular payouts

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom