1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Hole For Large Scart

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by craigsomers, Jan 31, 2005.

1. craigsomers

craigsomers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I want to hide the cables when I wall mounting my 32pf9986, Fortunatley the other side of the wall I'm mounting to is My kitchen Cupboard , so I am goiing to drill all the way through the twin Block wall and feed cables back through another hole behind mounted set.

The problem I have is that to get a scart lead through a hole, it neads to be a pritty big hole (Not sure I can Drill one this big without doing serious damage to myself and the wall. Have thought of using s-video and normal red & Black Audio Leads.

1st question is will I lose and P-Quality by doing it this way

2nd Question is can I convert the S-video and Phono Leads back to Scart at the TV with one of the adapters I have seen. The reason for this is as the S-video connection is Rather annoyingly on the Side of the TV

Any other Masterful Plans would be Kindly Accepted

I am connecting SKY+ Box and an old DVD Player with only S-Video Connections and A Single style Phono Lead Connection (A Yellow One)

Cheers

Craig :lease:

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Craig,

I've just had exactly the same problem. The wall bracket had 1.5" holes in it an I have gone straight through the brick work to under the stairs.

The SCART cable (IXOS) wouldn't go through the bracket hole, so I ended up taking the outer case of the SCART off. At the cable end, there is a screw on fixing. Unscrew that first. With my IXOS, I had to take out 2 screws so that the casing would come apart. With others though, it's a clip together jobbie. Either way, you should be able to take one apart. This way I only needed to made roughly a 1.5" hole then put the SCART case back on. I used a 12mm masonary bit, only problem is, I only had to go through a 4" wall where as you will be going 9".

Richie.

3. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Craig, how did the wall mounting go ?

Richie.

4. craigsomers

craigsomers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Finished wall mounting today , looks fantastic. I decided to mount somewhere between the heights recomended 52" to be precise. Really pleased with effect though the ambilight is so effective.

Thanks again for all advice

Cheers