1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small DV Camcorder Recomend Required

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by lurcher, Aug 19, 2005.

1. lurcher

lurcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Hi,
    Looking for a small and light as possible camcorder to position in car windscreen probably via a Hague Suction Mount.
    Camcorder will be mainly used in that position for replay of tape to portable player. A/V out and remote essential.
    Already got Panasonic NV GS120 in car recording from headrest mount. But this is a little too large for windscreen.

Got a Sony catalogue and was drawn to the DCR-PC55/53E series as they look about the size I was hoping for.
    Any feedback on either of these, or others for my intended use , not looking to hand hold.

2. RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For what its worth, I've been using a Canon MV750i to record "on bike" footage on my Aprilia RSV, and the results have been very good.

Also, consider grabbing a small CMOS or bullet type CCD camera to use in conjunction with the camcorder.

I have been using a CMOS camera hooked up to the AV in port on the Canon, and although the visuals are not as "crisp" and "sharp" as recording directly from the Canon, they are still pretty good.

I got the CMOS camera from http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/index.html. Decided to try the CMOS version out first, before going for a more expensive CCD based bullet cam. I'm only recording footage for fun, so its not like i required a pro set up, but I might go for a CCD soon. The CMOS cam is adequate though, certainly for my needs atm.

If I can figure out how to compress some footage taken down to a reasonable size using Pinnacle Studio, I'll post a few clips up. I'm kinda new to all this stuff, so I'm still trying to get my head around Pinnacle Studio.....lol!!!

3. lurcher

lurcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Thanks for that link , worth considering.