small DAP

Berties

Ex Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yes the Sansa Clip+ can take the 32GB micro SDHC cards. I use a Sandisk class 4 card with my 8GB Clip+, giving quite a nice small 40GB player. Rockbox certainy opens up its potential, though arguably makes it slightly less user-friendly.

Another possibly might be the newer Sansa Clip zip which is basically the same as the clip+ with a colour screen and cover art display. Though no Rockbox (yet).

ok ordered, pretty good value, Rockbox major selling point. Is it ok to update firmware to latest official then apply rockbox? Or is 01.02.16 restricted/locked out rockbox - don't want to flash firmware if it means rockbox is then unable to install.

Will Rockbox utility install everything automatically? Had to do some complex stuff for the iriver, modding original firmware, checking it worked, flash bootloader etc.

You should install the latest firmware from Sandisk and then apply Rockbox. Use the manual install method from Sandisk and save the files somewhere in case you want/need to go back.

What's wrong with the sansa updater? found out latest rockbox updater doesn't like latest sansa .16 firmware.

Looking on Rockbox site, manual method does not work either, mkamsboot does not support .16 firmware. So looks like stick to 15 (or downgrade if mine has 16) then use rockbox utility.

I guess if no longer use stock firmware then it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Oh, Ok, I'm still on 15, didn't realise there was a newer firmware from Sansa. I don't really trust these automatic software updates, so didn't install the updater, but it's a personal choice. Probably just as well, as Rockbox doesn't like version 16. To be honest, I mostly use my Clip Zip now anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom