1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small but beautiful?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Barnetto, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Barnetto

Barnetto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking of introducing surround sound amp and speakers to my AV experience. Thinking of getting the Pioneer AVX C502 as an amp. SWMBO is insisting on very small discrete speakers if we go for a surround sound package - the smaller and neater the better. Budget is probably £300/400 for speakers. Any advice on the smallest capable speakers in or around this range?

2. Zigster

Zigster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Blueroom micropods? With a sub, they may be a little more than £400 (they're £100 per pair plus a sub at about £250 gives about £500) but you may be able to cut that down by buying a cheaper sub. High WAF based on a sample size of 1! :D

Also, Klegg eggs seem to come up for sale on eBay every so often and go for about £200. They come with a decoder and the amp powers the speakers so you don't really need the Pioneer with that option.

The usual suspects such as the Genies are a little above your price range (almost £800). The KEF eggs are a bit cheaper but still quite a bit above £500, IIRC.

3. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely Canton CD1s as in my other reply to you Barnetto, buy from Germany and they're about £200 (twice that in the UK!) - this would save you more money for the amp...I'd recommend a Yamaha from germany also (the 650 or 750), again there's a huge thread about this elsewhere.