Small but annoying TV fault Samsung KS8000

ALAYTON81

Standard Member
My Samsung 65KS8000 has developed this annoying line on the right-hand side of the screen (see image). It is only about 1-2 inches long but it is visible and annoying at normal viewing distance. Anyone know if this likely to be easily repairable? I have a six-year guarantee from Richer Sounds, but I don't know what that will get me as the TV is only a few months off six years old. Thanks for any input.
TV fault.JPG

dts

Distinguished Member
Contact Richer sounds….and they will take it from there.

LazyDonkey

Contact RS as soon as possible. It will need a new panel, which means it's beyond economic repair - no chance of a repair. Be interesting to see what they offer. Had a similar issue and JL offered me the Q70A which I declined, so I will take the monetary value when I can decide what to get.

ALAYTON81

Standard Member
Thanks. RS are sending someone round from their repair company to have a look. I suspect you are right that it will be written off, and I will keep you posted on what is offered. Given that the replacement is to be equivalent to the present value of the TV, I very much doubt that anything offered will be adequate in which case I will be taking the monetary value and looking for a replacement. Will probably go for Samsung neo QLED, would like an OLED but the TV is in a bright room and opposite a window, so the anti-reflective nature of Samsungs will probably be better.

LazyDonkey

Thanks. RS are sending someone round from their repair company to have a look. I suspect you are right that it will be written off, and I will keep you posted on what is offered. Given that the replacement is to be equivalent to the present value of the TV, I very much doubt that anything offered will be adequate in which case I will be taking the monetary value and looking for a replacement. Will probably go for Samsung neo QLED, would like an OLED but the TV is in a bright room and opposite a window, so the anti-reflective nature of Samsungs will probably be better.
How did you get on?

ALAYTON81

Standard Member
Hi there, sorry for the slow reply. Our house currently has Covid going through it, so I have had to put off the visit by the engineer for now. Will let you know as and when there is any progress to report.

LazyDonkey

Hi there, sorry for the slow reply. Our house currently has Covid going through it, so I have had to put off the visit by the engineer for now. Will let you know as and when there is any progress to report.
Hoping you have now all recovered from Covid 🤞
Did you go for a QLED in the end?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom