1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small brown sopt on Sony Grand Wega

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Ademdb, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Ademdb

Ademdb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, Ive got a small brown spot on my Grand Wega, it is about the size of a 20p and is more or less in the middle of the screen width wise and about 1/3 of the distance down from the top. It is only really visible when the screen is showing a light colour but is really annoying once spotted. I have had the lamp out and cleaned the front of it to no avail. Anyone got any ideas. Failing that anyone know of a good engineer that can service the TV - based in West Yorkshire and what price ?? Thanks for any help.

regards

Adrian

2. Ademdb

Ademdb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump - anyone got any ideas ??

3. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Toshiba CRT´s have had a history of this dirty screen problem. I had it on my 36zd26p and it bothered me so I returned it and got a refund.

4. Russ

Russ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    If you dont think it is the bulb, perhaps there is dust on the lens that projects onto the mirror (not easy to get to).
    A small spot though..mmm.. not sure.

I have always taken my stuff to what used to be Sony Service Centre at Guildersome spur. Call them on 01132526822 for advice.
    Warning - this set is not like CRT's and a projector engineer would have a better idea of what's going on than your average TV engineer !
    Good Luck.
    Great picture on bright scenes - so much detail, shame about the lack of contrast on dark scenes (Ive got one too).

5. Ademdb

Ademdb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help :) Ill give the Sony Service centre a call to see what they say.

regards

Adrian