Small bookshelf speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Howard0000, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I am considering upgrading my computer's speaker system.

I am more focused on quality of output as opposed to noise as I listen to a lot of music on it, therefore do not, an am not interested in having surround sound. I was therefore considering purchasing some small bookshelf speakers to use.

I have an Arcam Alpha Plus amplifier which sounds excellent, and will be perfect for such usage :)

What decent and small bookshelf speakers exist then? Desk space dictates that they can't be any taller than about 25 CM and not too much deeper than about 20 if possible. I was considering the Mission M71i but they're a bit too large :suicide:

Ideally I'd like to spend less than £100.

I love my MA Bronze B2 speakers and was considering a set of B1s but at ~£135 they're a bit over budget.

I've just seen the Gale Silver Monitors in RS and they seem damn near perfect. What are they like?

Any recommendations?

Thanks

2. MS-Yam

MS-Yam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could go for a pair of Mordaunt-Short MS302's if you are using a sub too, which sound great, but the midrange may not be too strong as they are a fair bit smaller than the B1s. These will cost you around £90-£100.

If I was you, I would save that bit extra and go for the B1s. I reckon they will provide a better overall sound.

3. ptgrav

ptgrav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Amazing,
    I've just come to post the almost exact question. I was looking for a small set to go with the old Denon DF-07 system that has just become redundant and so is being moved to my bedroom. The B1's look like the best choice for price versus quality.

Pete