Question Small Atmos speakers

disco74

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have just got a Monitor Audio Apex full system and now I would like to add a couple of speakers to mount no the ceiling for Atmos upfront.
I could splash out and get a couple more Apex A10's but this seems overkill.
Are the Cambridge Audio Minx 12's or Mission M-cubes still the go to or are there other options.
I just want something small but effective.
Many Thanks
Dave

Hi everyone
I have just got a Monitor Audio Apex full system and now I would like to add a couple of speakers to mount no the ceiling for Atmos upfront.
I could splash out and get a couple more Apex A10's but this seems overkill.
Are the Cambridge Audio Minx 12's or Mission M-cubes still the go to or are there other options.
I just want something small but effective.
Many Thanks
Dave
I've got a monitor audio radius setup and 2 Minx C46 in ceiling speakers and they do a good job so I would think the Minx 12's would be fine I know a lot of members use them for atmos duty

have you mounted the minx12's to your ceiling? The brackets for them seem too shallow to be able to screw them to the ceiling and be able to point them towards the listening position.

It can be done, although i don´t know why people would aim them there as they should be fine pointed down cause they have wide dispersion drivers. I mean ceiling speakers are typically shooting down and they are front/behind listener.

c7822775_CameraZOOM-20130421110635918.jpeg

Another option would be KEF T101/T301. Ultra slim and wife friendly looks.

dolby-atmos-kef-t301.jpg

dolby-atmos-kef-t301-schwarz-position.jpg

Thanks guys. I'll put a wanted ad up for these

Thanks guys. I'll put a wanted ad up for these

You mean Minxes? Consider also the 22s, not much larger and same bracket works. I had the 10s many years ago and one died so i recommend to buy ones with warranty!

oh ok will do fella

have you mounted the minx12's to your ceiling? The brackets for them seem too shallow to be able to screw them to the ceiling and be able to point them towards the listening position.
You can see them at ceiling level directed at the listener. All my cables are hidden as I have a false wall behind everything.
Carl

Attachments

• F39B3610-F0AD-4BDB-BF8C-D00CDA323AC7.jpeg
    F39B3610-F0AD-4BDB-BF8C-D00CDA323AC7.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 179
Very nice mate

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom