Small Amp/Tuner/CD: Teac ref 250 vs. Denon DM 31 vs. Onkyo CR505 Any ideas?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by boomshanks, May 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. boomshanks

boomshanks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am replacing a tired old Kenwood pseudo separates system in my dining room and hoping to buy a small, neat "all in one unit" which has amp, tuner and CD player. I am hoping to not spend any more than £250 and hence have shortlisted these three:

Teac CRH250
    Denon DM31
    Onkyo CR505

It will be running a pair of Mission M70s bookshelfers (I think).

Does anyone have any of these three units? I note that the Denon does not have DAB which I must admit puts it to the bottom of the pile at the moment, but it is the only one I have managed to audition in a shop and it sounded great. I have read that the Teac DAB interface is a bit of a pain to master, but that it sounds "brighter" than the Denon. I don't know anything about the Onkyo except that they sell it in richer sounds it is DAB and in the price range. I have also read about a Denon DM35 which seems to be "the new DM31" but it has a DAB tuner, but it it seems way out of the price range in the one place I found it to buy. All pointers would be very greatfully received.

2. boomshanks

boomshanks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I think this is in the wrong forum - I will repost in hifi and separates.

Ta.

B