Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 now next gen exclusive on 360

dbm001

Novice Member
Just seen on Gamespot that WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 is now exclusive 'next gen' on Xbox 360 only:clap: . The PS3 version has been cancelled. Although some people are saying it's delayed, there are no plans to release a smackdown vs. raw game on PS3 until late 2007, so it would then be SVR 2008.

This is great news for Xbox 360 as the SVR brand was one of Sony's exclusive franchises. Looks like a major 'low blow' for PS3. I'm sure in the states where the WWE and it's games are big sellers, this may sway a few gamers over to the 360 for the real next gen experiance. SVR 2007 is still being released on the PS2 and PSP, but as I said the only way to play it next gen is on the 360.

What do you think?

Dave.

dbm001 said:
Just seen on Gamespot that WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 is now exclusive 'next gen' on Xbox 360 only:clap: . The PS3 version has been cancelled. Although some people are saying it's delayed, there are no plans to release a smackdown vs. raw game on PS3 until late 2007, so it would then be SVR 2008.

This is great news for Xbox 360 as the SVR brand was one of Sony's exclusive franchises. Looks like a major 'low blow' for PS3. I'm sure in the states where the WWE and it's games are big sellers, this may sway a few gamers over to the 360 for the real next gen experiance. SVR 2007 is still being released on the PS2 and PSP, but as I said the only way to play it next gen is on the 360.

What do you think?

Dave.
Well you can't actually say exclusive haha but yes you are right Next Gen Exclusive.

It brings a tear to my eye and makes me love my 360 even more knowing I have the best console that has the best games and best online support to match.

Also check out this http://www.technophilia.org/2006/07/list-of-cancelled-ps3-games.html

runam0k

I read somewhere the WWE is actually pretty miffed by this - WWE and Sony have a very close relationship, not just game related - and aren't too happy with THQ. Not that there's much they can do about it (i.e. whilst under contract).

danvitale

Novice Member
Edit: Forget that, I got me facts wrong ;)

There WILL be a PS3 SD vs Raw 2008 but as has been mentioned, 2007 for the PS3 has been canned and there will be no Wii version.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom