1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SLX2B booster - 2 magic eyes ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by luggsie, Aug 29, 2004.

1. luggsie

luggsie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I want to control a Sky digital receiver from two remote TV locations. The Philex SLX2B booster has two o/puts and the necessary digital bypasses and was reviewed in www.homecinemachoice.com but no mention there whether two Sky magic eyes can be connected simultaneously (4-output Philex boxes are also available) Is this the case or will the Sky RX just give up.

luggsie

2. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hiya

I have one of these boxes in my loft (4 way) and I have an eye on three of them with no problem what so ever.

Cheers

Tone

3. luggsie

luggsie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    many thanks, I will splurge out for a new one. The last Philex bypass 4 way booster I had packed up just before I managed to test it on two magic eyes. Possibly because it was driving a short circuit load direct into a TV aerial socket. When I opened it up a resistor in the psu looked a bit charred.

luggsie

4. luggsie

luggsie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Tone

many thanks for suggesting retailers for Philex SLXB boosters, ie Maplins. SLx4B so far connected to two TV's, both using SKY eyes in line to avoid shorts on the outputs, and now both eyes control the digibox perfectly. Philex claim their boosters are s/c proof but don't want to risk it again. So I is genrally well chuffed.

The instructions from Philex in the pack don't explain that you can do this: "To operate your SKY digital receiver from **one** of the connected TV's you will now need to install a Link device". That doesn't sound like operation from multiple TV's to me, so why aren't they promoting their kit better.

There is vaguely similar Argos booster made by Masterplug, seen in large numbers in store returns sales, probably non functional, so perhaps these burn up if the output is s/c into a TV without using the SKY eyes properly.

luggsie.

Hiya

I have one of these boxes in my loft (4 way) and I have an eye on three of them with no problem what so ever.

Cheers

Tone

5. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    No Probs mate.

I got stung a little when I purchased mine as it was a new house and had no aerial at all, so when the guy came to fit the aerial, I asked for a distribution box and remote eyes.
    I only paid £10 for the remote eyes anyway, which are selling for twice that in most places.

Glad to see its all worked out.

Tone