SLR+GRIP + 2 x Lens descrete shoulder bag.

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G'day, wondering if anyone can help me with any advice or experience with camera bags. I'm looking for a day-to-day carry round bag that will fit in a EOS 30D with grip & 70-200IS lens and extender easily with space for an extra lens, few memory cards, batteries and filters etc and maybe a flash. I want something that I can have on my shoulder so I can see it easily for security and access it easily to get it out quickly without having to put the bag down. Also I do not want it to look too much like a camera bag so as to not advertise. I have a couple of Lowe Pro Belt pack type bags 'Off Trail 1' and 'Off Trail 2', one is a bit too small and the other is a bit too big, but either way both look like camera bags any way so I do not feel to comfortable carrying them if I am in and around town. I was initially drawn by the Lowe Pro Slingshot 200, but it is too small to get in a body with extender and 70-200IS and again it still looks like a camera bags. I am now drawn towards the Crumpler bags as they seem to just look like a trendy bag and not a camera bag. Does anyone use one or know if they are any good and if so what kind of size one I'd need? There seem to be loads of different sorts and I'm finding it a nightmare from the web site to find a suitable one. Does anyone have any other suggestions of other makes? Also does anyone know if they are well sealed to be dust proof?

If you're looking for bags that don't look like camera bags (and if you can afford them), then, like you say, check out Crumpler.

I've got a Bunny Man and it's large enough for my 350D with 17-40 attached (no grip) and a few extra small lens like my 50mm , but I don't think that would be large enough for a 30D with grip. You might want to check out this one, it could be large enough: http://www.crumplereurope.com/?page=details&product_line=135#

EDIT: I've forgotten where but when I was first looking at Crumpler bags, I found a site that detailed their internal dimensions. This will be important for you as you'll want to measure it up against your 30D plus grip. The external dimensions don't accurately reflect the internal ones as there are lots of compartments (although these compartments are re-jiggable to a certain extent)

FURTHER EDIT: Sorry, I lied, I have the Bunny Man not the Stunner (I've amended the text above)

Ah! Here we go.

Check this site, it details the dimensions of the upper part and lower part for the Loyal Chap:
http://www.fotosense.co.uk/shop_details.asp?productID=2615

# Fits: 2 SLR bodies plus 5 lenses & accessories
# Size Upper Part: 22L x 13H x 14D cm
# Lower Part - 22L x 6H x 14D cm
# Features Crumpler's TRAP DOOR secret compartment

Now you can fold down the bit between the upper and lower part if necessary in order to make one big chamber, but then you lose all the useful little compartments at the bottom (6cm in height) for extra lens.

I use a Crumpler bag and am over the moon with it. Mine is the Bens Pizza XL and it holds my 350+grip+18-200 lens, the 10-20 sigma and the 50mm prime. There is room for extra memory cards etc but I think that this would be just a tad too small for your requirements.

Maybe go for the next model up :)

i got a nikon dslr- holdall bag from www.cameraworld.co.uk it cost just £19.99 + p&p it does'ent look like a camera bag it has room for a large dslr + 2 lense's and also has 2 zipper compartments at the front, one compartment inside and one open compartment at the back, it holds my d50 + lense.s + my flashtrax multimedia player and memory cards quite comfortably, may be worth a look for the price :smashin:

I chose a backpack as I prefered my bag not to look like a handbag :rotfl:
Sorry chaps, couldn't resist that one :)

JohnG said:

anymore comments like that and it could be handbags at 20 paces :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lots of good camera baggy advice at this site dedicated to the subject
www.cambags.com
Paul ;)

beachy said:
i got a nikon dslr- holdall bag from www.cameraworld.co.uk it cost just £19.99 + p&p it does'ent look like a camera bag it has room for a large dslr + 2 lense's and also has 2 zipper compartments at the front, one compartment inside and one open compartment at the back, it holds my d50 + lense.s + my flashtrax multimedia player and memory cards quite comfortably, may be worth a look for the price :smashin:
Thanks Beachy,

Is it this one :-

http://www.cameraworld.co.uk/ViewPr...de=PON06F000087&Prod_name=Nikon D-SLR Holdall

The style is ok and it's a bargain price, but it says Nikon on the side, which kind of gives the game away a little! :D

stevegreen said:
I use a Crumpler bag and am over the moon with it. Mine is the Bens Pizza XL and it holds my 350+grip+18-200 lens, the 10-20 sigma and the 50mm prime. There is room for extra memory cards etc but I think that this would be just a tad too small for your requirements.

Maybe go for the next model up :)
That's a little bit of the problem. What is the next model up? Maybe I'll have to go into Jessops and try them, before ordering it elsewhere for half the price?!?! :rotfl:

salubrious_k said:
If you're looking for bags that don't look like camera bags (and if you can afford them), then, like you say, check out Crumpler.

I've got a Bunny Man and it's large enough for my 350D with 17-40 attached (no grip) and a few extra small lens like my 50mm , but I don't think that would be large enough for a 30D with grip. You might want to check out this one, it could be large enough: http://www.crumplereurope.com/?page=details&product_line=135#

EDIT: I've forgotten where but when I was first looking at Crumpler bags, I found a site that detailed their internal dimensions. This will be important for you as you'll want to measure it up against your 30D plus grip. The external dimensions don't accurately reflect the internal ones as there are lots of compartments (although these compartments are re-jiggable to a certain extent)

FURTHER EDIT: Sorry, I lied, I have the Bunny Man not the Stunner (I've amended the text above)
Thanks that site looks pretty useful as it shows more than just the one stock view and as you say has useful dimensions. I think I'll do a bit of research this evening. Cheers.

JohnG said:
Ha ha, problem is you can't see who's getting theit hands into you precious kit bag when it's on your back and you also have to stop and take a few seconds to get your kit out.

sjameson said:
Thanks Beachy,

Is it this one :-

http://www.cameraworld.co.uk/ViewPr...de=PON06F000087&Prod_name=Nikon D-SLR Holdall

The style is ok and it's a bargain price, but it says Nikon on the side, which kind of gives the game away a little! :D

yes thats the one, i guess the nikon logo does give it away :D but i kinda liked that myself, for the price though i'm more than happy.

also i quite agree with your other comments about someone shifting through your bag while it's on your back, recently went down london for the day and had to carry my rucksack in front for that the very same problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom