Slowly going downhill....

malk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi there,....right,im confused....

It seems to be,everytime,i switch my ATV2 on,it gets worse...

Ive had it about 1 week now,and at first everything was fine,i set it up(well it did the set up really),i typed in the network name,and it connected,no problem.
immediately i could use itunes on my ATV.

now,everytime i use it,i have to,either,restart the router,switch itunes on and off or,unplug ATV,.,or a mix of that.
My ipad sees all my itunes movies no problem,and the music,no problem.

The ATV is JB,and im thinking its something to do with that,.
My router address is 192.168.0.1,and the ATV router address is the same.
The ATV ip address,is 192.168.0.5.
On my MBP,the wifi en1 address is 192.168.0.2
It says ,on my MBP,its using dhcp in the ipv4,and that is 192.168.0.2
The wifi address on my MBP,is different to the wifi address on the ATV,should they be the same?
I would be greatfull,if someone could look at the IP addresses etc,and notice if something was wrong,.
Also,if something was wrong when i started up the ATv,ie an IP address,would the ATV "fix"itself,to get it working?could that be why it starts to work,after not working?because the numbers ive just wrote down,are the numbers of it working,so maybe i should check the numbers,when its not working.???
I dont know,this is bugging me out a bit.
Im really confused,on why it is very tempremental.
It is the same when im using plex,and i havent had the two running together,ie not both open at the same time.

I have never really delt with ip addresses before,the most media serving i have done was using PS3 media server.

I would really like to undo the JB,and see what happens,but before i do that,i thought id ask here.

I have two ATV's bought as soon as they were out, and they have never once lost their wifi connection. It got to be the JB. What do you gain by doing that?

Im using them for plex really.
I didnt want to be having to convert my film files to m4v,plex plays anything....well,if it works that is.
Im starting to think..."maybe,as its a free program,it might be screwing things up"??

I have often tried Plex, but always ended up removing it from my Mac's. The interface is quite nice but it seems a very long winded way to get to your files. Also, it always makes my machines VERY hot...... I would put money on it being your problem.

MMMM,it is strange,that when i cant access files using Itunes on the ATV,Plex dosent seem to work either.
I just woke up,and watching the gruffalo,with my boy,using itunes,and so far,everythings ok.
But im dead paranoid,its going to all "having trouble to find files"on me.or cannot load my library.

I think i might ditch the JB this weekend,see how it goes....

Ok,i installed a program called wireshark,ran everything that goes wifi,on that.
All is cool,as far as IP address goes,ive got them all in at from 01,router,to 05 ATV2.

Ive been running the devil inside,on my ipad,and ghost rider on the ATV,from my MBP,using itunes homeshare,it all works!!!
I really dont know what has been going on,i thought maybe i had a duplicate ip address somewhere,but i dont.
So,as of now,it seems ok.
I managed to get into the VM gateway on my router,and the router dosent seem too bad,it can go up to 300mbps,and looks like its dealing with all the IP's ok,for now.
Im still wanting the airport express mind,as i would like a much stronger wifi signal,and airplay to my amp.

I forgot,i havent run Plex..LOL,im a bit nervous,as it seems ok now,and dont want that spinny wheel on my tv,saying cant find content.
So now,im going to try and chill,and watch moneyball,,,,,,wish me luck.

Tried plex this morning,,,oh dear,stuttering,then needed a reboot when I wanted to use iTunes.....plex,is a dead man walking.........

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom