Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Slowly Getting There

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by CyBeRkId2002, Jun 17, 2005.

1. CyBeRkId2002

CyBeRkId2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    Im slowly getting their with my HCPC. Finally sorted out numerous problems I was having with standby, video, sound and almost the refresh rate.

I have the resolution set to 1024x576 (seems to be the best with my setup) at a refresh rate of 50hz. This works superbly 90% of the time with supersmooth pans etc. I have a problem where every 10-15mins or so the video seems to lose its sync and goes stuttery for around 30 seconds after which it pulls itself together and plays normally. I only have a Semperon 2600 with 512mb RAM which I thought could be a problem but it seems the processor never goes over 25%ish so cant be that.... what else could be causing this problem? Is it a common occurence with other people?

Thanks muchly in advance,
    Michael

2. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I get this occasionally, usually just as I'm starting a movie although it's very inconsistent and I've only seen it happen a few times. It lasts for 5-10 seconds and then everything is fine. I'm wondering if MC is doing some kind of caching that causes a temporary slowdown. I was surprised though as I have 1.75GB of RAM 2.8Ghz processor and a 7200rpm SATA drive with 16MB cache which I thought would have been more than enough to cope but something is happening somewhere.

3. CyBeRkId2002

CyBeRkId2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    hmmm...anyone else with this problem or even better, a solution