Slow Panasonic warranty

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stuartsjg, Jun 28, 2004.

1. stuartsjg

stuartsjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, about 2 months ago i spotted (in a 100 hour runtime lamp inspection) that the reflective (dicroic) coating was coming off the bulb.

Contacting where i bought it i was told its not covered under 1 year warranty.
    Contacting Panasonic shop i was told the same and that it wont be covered under extended covers too. ( I work in comet and i knew that lamps are covered under 1 year and Our exteneded - thats for rear projection tho)

Phoning panasonic i was told that they are covered if lamp is under 1500 hours running as thats the minimum. If the fault was caused by machanical shock/vibration, poor clooling (ie blocked vents) or power failure this could be found by lamp inspection by expert. If this is found i can get charged.

The thing doesent move, is on a SmartUPS700 from eBay for £20 (had to repair it and add batts tho) and has plenty breathing space so i booked it in for warranty repair/replacement with a substitute unit whilst it was away.

Was told to expect a call within a week.... Ive called back 3 times in the last month and im still asked to wait. They can take it without a loan unit but the repair may take a month or so. Id rather go with the loan unit and wait.

has anybody else had problems getting panasonic to get a move on? Can this be expected?

Many thanks,
    Stuart.

2. miketheman2k

miketheman2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I have a Panasonic AE-100 and it had a discolouration problem on the 11th month of ownership. I was told by Komplett (where I bought it) that I would have to take it to my local service centre. I did this and they held onto it for 14 days and did nothing!

So I got fed up, and took it back off them and phoned Panasonic directly (on 08705 357357). I explained the situation for about 5 minutes, and the guy simply said "when would you like it picked up?", I was shocked, and said "tomorrow". Guy said ok. Next day the projector was collected by a courier, and 5 days later the projector was delivered back to my house by DHL, all fixed and cleaned - and all under warranty! Great service.

Good luck mate.

Mike

3. stuartsjg

stuartsjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was that with an exchange unit?

I was going for an exchange and repair service with Panasonic. I was thinking for getting it picked up next day and fixed but im thinking that there must be a parts problem if its taking this long.

If all the loan units are out and have been for some months i can only imagine that i could be without for a similar time. It may just be the bulb but im wondering if perhaps something else could bewrong thats causing the lamp prob, eg fan, PSU etc.

I think will wait, its still watchable, nobody expect me has spotted the dicolouration unsless i show them. Also im getting more use out the thing! :)

Stuart.

4. miketheman2k

miketheman2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No, I didn't realise they did an exchange policy until you mentioned it. I was happy enough to go without - especially as it only had 1 month left in warranty anyway!