Slow or what virgin needs to step up!

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by JaYmE, Apr 30, 2007.

1. JaYmE

JaYmE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had sky for a while and upon switching to ntl now virgin media i still cant get over the slowness of it all, page loading times the mini guide navigation everything, does anyone else wish the guides and channel changing was faster?

me thinks virgin should stop with this crazy on demand venture for a while and fixes problems with the boxes and speed up the service before introducing other on demand events!

thoughts people?

2. Nivek TT

Nivek TT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,133
    I don't think On Demand availability and Menu Speed are at all related.

Personally, I don't find the menu speed intolerably slow. It does freeze/crash occasionally but I can resist punching the buttons until things happen only to find each random button actioned.

I find it a fair bit faster than browsing through a web site via my 20Mb connection and I must say I don't find the competition (i.e. Sky) to be much faster.

My only gripe is more information could be displayed per page, especially for users of HDTVs. Navigating through the On Demand library just to see whats there is a right pain in the :censored:

3. JaYmE

JaYmE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i agree it is anoying

yea lol ive done that when it un-freezes it goes crazy muteing unmuteing switching chanel going interactive makes me laugh how it freezes on a simple operation but then remembers all the buttons i pressed in order :eek:

also what happened to the mini view button on the normal tv guide? i found that useful to see it was a episode id seen or not

4. Smidda99

Smidda99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was round my friends house the other night and he has recently had a new samsung(cable) box fitted, he is only on the 3 for £30 jobbie

Anyway i noticed that his channel changing was extremely quick (about same as sky)

No help to anyone with a V+ box like myself but just shows it is possible with decent hardware i guess