slow or non starter download from logitech site

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by teflontex, Dec 29, 2006.

1. teflontex

teflontex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've just started updating my Logitech 885 which i've just bought.

I suppose i have two questions

First, is it just me or is the Logitech site very slow, i'm trying to download my update file and it stagnates at around 250kb or so, if it gets past 15kb that is, what i've been doing is going to troubleshoot and then the try again option.
    This resets the download and eventually i get the download in a couple of seconds... after many troubleshoot clicks!!

is it just me??

second, my EXIT button doesn't seem to do anything for my telewest scientific atlanta box, i've gone through the learning phase etc to no avail, it doesn't really matter i suppose cos sky HD install tomorrow, but i just don't want to find it is a faulty button.

Anyone else with this prob??

Thanks in advance for any comments.

2. zimbo000

zimbo000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    It can be very slow or even stop working at all, depending on time of day and the number of users trying to access it - unfortunately there is no way of determining this other than by logging on and watching nothing happen.... search through this forum and you'll find various posts complaining about this over the past weeks/months. It doesn't help that all you new Xmas present owners want to use it at the same time... :)

If it's slow, best to come back at another time: I've found mid-week during the day best. Weekday evenings tend to be the worst - even when it's not Xmas!!

3. czzer

czzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Have you assigned a command to the button?
    Look under Activity->Customize->Change behaviour of buttons. Make sure the correct command is assigned to the button.

4. teflontex

teflontex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

yeh, sorry about that! thanks for the reply tho, i'll just have to make sure i update it during the day as you suggest.

cheers czzer,
    will have a look at it tomoro and post my findings.