1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow egg upgrade

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jimbof, Oct 22, 2003.

1. jimbof

jimbof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently running a kef v1 7.1 system, but the upgrade bug is beginning to bite sooo I was thinking of upgrading bits and pieces over the next 6 months, starting with the sub, then probably getting the gallo a'diva's/micro rears. (as i live in a house owned by my girlfriend looks are everything!)

So my questions are - what sub would go well as an egg upgrade, but hopefully integrate with the gallos? From looking around I'd guess a B&W ASW600 or maybe a rel quake?

And second question - would mix and matched a'divas and eggs (say front 3 adiva's, back 4 eggs sound OK?)

Thanks for any advice

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Any decent sub should integrate with any satellites. I am not a lover of the REL Quake and prefer the MJ Acoustics Pro 50 of the two similar styles although the BK Electronics sub seems to be making waves here for the right reasons.

It is important that the front three speakers be voice matched and whilst it is best if the rear speakers are matched tonally to the fronts it is less important as there is much less front to back panning of sounds.

I would suggest either all Eggs or all Gallo if possible and due to the diversity of opinion on both systems I would strongly urge you not to buy without listening to them first.