Slow drives, SSD and HDD

beasty54

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just done a massive upgrade on my system and added some new HDDs. Unfortunately i'm having some speed issues with all 3 of my HDDs and my single SSD.

My HDDs all transfer at around 120 MB/s for about the first GB of a single file and they they drop to around 30 MB/s.

My SSD is also transferring slower than it should be and after testing with the Samsung software, these are the results

ssd.jpg

Everything is set for maximum performance, AHCI is set to on, the SSD is connected to a SATA III port, BIOS is up to date and so are all the drivers.

My hardware:

Asus M5A99X Evo
Samsung 840 Evo SSD (240gb)
3 x WD 3TB Red NAS drives (WD30EFRX)

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

:hiya:

Hard to say it sounds like trim is not kicking in, the performance optimization option in the sammy software is a manual method of invoking trim so I would give that a try.

You didn't use those sammy os optimization presets did you, windows default is best setting.

If you have a RAID array like win 8 storage spaces in parity mode then performance dropping off like that to 30mbps is to be expected thats the price you pay for that kind of set up.

However if they are regular standalone HDD's, I'm not sure to be honest. I would look in the control panel\admin\event viewer to see of anything stands out. If system restore has a restore point before you say installed sammy magician I would go back to that restore point.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom