Slow/Delayed Freeview Operation...?

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by monsieurblack, Sep 29, 2004.

1. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hi all
    just wanted to ask if anyone else here has experienced slow/sluggish operation of late? it has been pretty slow for me for quite a number of weeks now :( i have the sony freeview box and have had absolutely no probs before and apart from its recent behaviour have no complaints.
    basically when changing channel it will appear to have not registered, so i press to change again and then all of a sudden it catches up and changes rapidly through [the number of times i have changed...] the same is true when attempting to bring up the menu to see whats scheduled on for the various channels...i'll press the button, and again there will be a big delay :confused:
    i know i haven't explained myself too well :blush: but hope someone out can help me please. i'm guessing it might well be a system reset for the box somehow just to give it a kick up the backside...or is it an issue across the whole freeview broadcasting?
    thanks in advance :thumbsup:
    monsieurblack

2. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I find some channels are slow updating, but most are ok. It was a problem for all channels, until i did the software update for my Pioneer box a few months ago.

3. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My Pioneer box had an issue but this was solved on a recent software update-info is on their website,maybe Sony have had a similar problem??

4. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Was this the same upgrade a few months ago, or is it a newer one ??

My pioneer box can't find any software updates, just wandered if it was the same update ??

5. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hi guys
    thanks for your replies, i guess its not all the time, but most definately more so than not, if that makes sense :confused: :blush: lol.
    anyway, do you know how i would go about updating my software? its worth a try and sounds as though it might well be just the key :cool:
    regards
    monsieurblack