Slow Cooker Recipe Recommendations

King Tones

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions of some great Slow Cooker recipes ?
Got one recently and only done a few things with it, cooked a lovely chilli the other week in it and was gorgeous.
Mrs cooked some pork shoulder in BBQ sauce the other week and we ended up having pulled pork sandwiches with homemade BBQ sauce. Was lovely :)

Was looking at maybe trying to cook a Sunday roast in it this weekend with a Pork joint, can this be done easily enough ?

Also any suggestions on other Pulled Pork or BBQ sort of recipes for the Slow Cooker would be great.
Having read the I Love BBQ's thread I'm very jealous and wanted to see if it would work with a Slow Cooker also before I splash loads of cash on a MAN BBQ :D

Last edited:
pork and chorizo.

in fact, just put chorizo and it makes most things 83% more awesome.

Thread subscription added

Beef curry. Amazing and melt in the mouth from a slow cooker.

That and the classic of stewed steak and gravy.

Lamb pilaff using neck fillet so, nice and cheap. Comes out so tender

Or beef stew and dumplings. I put one on the night before my sons Sunday footy and its great to come back home to in this weather. And the house smells really good. Just make sure to use a decent stock

Last edited:
Got to say I don't like eating cookers. They have a horrible metallic aftertaste.

Stews and casserols are great for a slow cooker.

Not only do they taste lovely,but you come home to the best smelling house ever :thumbsup:

just bought a slow cooker recipe book from costco today for £8.99. Looks like a bargain as amazon sellers have it listed £31.74. Can`t wait to try some of the recipes in there, just need to buy the slow cooker now.:D

Attachments

• crock pot.jpg
    crock pot.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 99
Whenever i look for slow cooker recipies alot of the time i find it allways calls for other things to be done to foods other than just throwing it all in a slow cooker like browning, Boiling etc. I like recipies where you can just throw it all in and bobs your uncle. The point of using a slow cooker is to do just that.

Cheers for the suggestions so far guys, that Lamb Curry one looks lovely. Going to give that one a go.

Has anyone ever tried Belly Pork in a slow cooker ?
Also anyone suggest some sauces or rubs for doing pulled pork ?

Goulash is my favourite dish in ours.
Can post recipe if anyone wants it!

Yes please :thumbsup:

If anyone has any tried and tested Slow Cooker Recipes please post them up.

Will try and find the one my Mrs used for Pulled Pork

Thanks to this thread we've shown the slow cooker the light of day again. Only trying a quickly put together Irish Stew today and going to try pulled pork tonight :smashin:

Thanks to this thread we've shown the slow cooker the light of day again. Only trying a quickly put together Irish Stew today and going to try pulled pork tonight :smashin:

You got the Recipe for the Stew mate and post that Pulled Pork one you showed me :smashin:

I'm going to try a beetroot curry in the slow cooker this wkend. I let you know if it works. I also use the slow cooker to (over)cook steak pieces before putting them in a pie to get them nice and tender.

My dead quick beef stew recipe, I dont even bother to brown the meat

500g stewing steak
1 large Onion - very large dice
4 carrots - thick sliced on the round
Clove garlic
2 tablespoons Plain Flour
Litre of really good beef stock - boiling hot. if using a liquid one/bouillon I make it strong for good flavour
Herbs - Half teaspoon each of dried thyme\rosemary. 1 Bay leaf
Worcestershire sauce - few drops

Atora Dumplings using recipe on packet

Tip the meat, garlic, carrots, onion, herbs, and salt n pepper to taste into the cooking pot. Then stir in the flour until everything is well mixed so the flour doesn't form lumps. Pour in the stock and Worcestershire bring up to a simmer on the hob. On with the lid and into the slow cooker for about 12 hours on low heat

Dumplings take ages on Low so I usually pop them in the top with two hours to go. if the stew is a bit thin them I thicken slightly with a little cornflour mixed in water before adding the dumplings - they need to sit on the top

Only takes about 10 mins prep and tastes great :)

You got the Recipe for the Stew mate and post that Pulled Pork one you showed me :smashin:
The stew is all in my head mate, we generally put in potatoes, 1 onion, carrots, garlic, parsley, thyme, 1lb steak pieces and one beef stock cube. Enough potatoes and carrots to be covered by water in the 3 litre bowl. Potatoes here break down enough to thicken the stew.

This is the pulled pork recipe, havent tried it yet but will be tonight.
Easy Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe - CHOW

The stew is all in my head mate, we generally put in potatoes, 1 onion, carrots, garlic, parsley, thyme, 1lb steak pieces and one beef stock cube. Enough potatoes and carrots to be covered by water in the 3 litre bowl. Potatoes here break down enough to thicken the stew.

I make a similar stew but add 250g of mince(fried first) as well. just a case of throw it all in a leave for 8hrs.

All sounds good guys, cheers.
Think this weekend I shall be staring at my slow cooker waiting for stuff to cook :laugh:

I make a similar stew but add 250g of mince(fried first) as well. just a case of throw it all in a leave for 8hrs.
Add the mince as well as the steak pieces Steve? never thought of doing that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom