• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Slow connection after booting PC

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
On my 20mb Virgin connection, I would have my modem/router all switched on, my Pc would then boot up and while the desktop was loading my Network connection would connect in a matter of seconds.

Now with this 50mb service, the modem/router is still switched on as normal, but after I boot and the desktop loads it takes around 4-5 mins for the connection to connect.

Anyone know what could be causing this ? Or how to fix it ?

MrPicky

Standard Member
When I moved from 2mb to 10 mb I had the same problem. It turned out that my modem wasn't compatible with the higher speed. VM sent me a replacement by post. You may want to give them a call to see if you have the same issue.

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
When I moved from 2mb to 10 mb I had the same problem. It turned out that my modem wasn't compatible with the higher speed. VM sent me a replacement by post. You may want to give them a call to see if you have the same issue.

They brought out a new modem with them when they installed it, it was the VMNG 300, which should be compatable up to 100 meg speeds. Maybe its faulty ? Will give em a call.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom