• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Slow computer

hickbo

Established Member
Hi

After a bit of help.

My computer has been running fine until the other day, i turned it on
went to the loo came back and it had crashed and restarted saying it
had recovered from serious error.

Now since then whenever i turn it on it is very slow at opening applications
and will just stop running them if they start, if i turn pc of and remove wireless adapter and restart it with it out it runs fine. when i plug the wireless adapter back in and get a internet connection the pc slows right down again.

Any ideas on what this could be i have ran a virus scan using avast and malwarebytes. Could it be the wireless adapter or motherboard the truth is im stuck.

Thanks for help.

PC is intel i7 socket 1366 gigabyte x58 motherboard 8 gig ram

maf1970

Prominent Member
Does your machine have a standard network port ? If so get an appropriate length network lead to connect to your router directly. Your machine should work fine and get an internet connection that is OK.
Next uninstall the drivers for the wireless card.
Go to wireless card website and download the latest drivers for your card but do not install them.
Switch off machine
Remove network lead.
Reinstall wireless card. Put in different slot if possible.(depending on what board you have this may or may not be possible)
Switch machine on. It should pick up there is new hardware,just cancel this.
Install latest drivers that you just downloaded.
Establish connection to internet.
Test it.

hickbo

Established Member
Hi thanks for reply, will have to buy long length of cable as they are in opposite ends of house but will give it a go cheers

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom