slooping tv on tilt and swivel

m8kwr

Standard Member
Just fitted a tilt and swivel bracket, on the spirit level on the unit it is level.

Put the tv on, with it against the wall - level...

Pull the tv out and there is a noticeable sloop, the spirit level confirms this..

What can i do?

Or does this happen with most of these brackets.

Many thanks

Member252055

Hi

Tilt and swivel brackets vary in their design and quality, sometimes they can 'sloop' at full extension or when used to one side.

It's also worth mentioning that some of the TVs have some 'sloop' in them too. Believe it or not we've found that some LCDs from big manufacturers relied on just the plastic moulding on the back to hold the bracket fixings.

You can counter all this by loosening your wall fixings and using any play in the fixing holes to cant the bracket round in the other direction.

What bracket are you using and what TV have you got attached to it?

Regards
Graham

m8kwr

Standard Member
I brought one off the rs100 site, the standard tilt and swivel bracket and i have an LG 42PQ6000

I found a solution by using a different hole in each side of where it attaches to the back of the tv, perfect where out from the wall, but when it is against the wall, oh my god it is dreadful :eek:

I can not really mess about with the wall fixings, because like a stupid idiot, instead if just using the 6 coach bolts supplied, went to the local hardware store and brought some more - and some no nails stuff, to pump into the holes before the bolt.... the other half wanted me to promise it would never fall of the wall.....

Hi

Tilt and swivel brackets vary in their design and quality, sometimes they can 'sloop' at full extension or when used to one side.

It's also worth mentioning that some of the TVs have some 'sloop' in them too. Believe it or not we've found that some LCDs from big manufacturers relied on just the plastic moulding on the back to hold the bracket fixings.

You can counter all this by loosening your wall fixings and using any play in the fixing holes to cant the bracket round in the other direction.

What bracket are you using and what TV have you got attached to it?

Regards
Graham

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom