1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slny remote (HD1/3/5) RM-MC35ELK for 18 pounds shipped - good deal?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by drmoze, Aug 30, 2005.

1. drmoze

drmoze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Found this on eBay: Sony remote RM-MC35ELK, worldwide shipping incl. for 18 pounds (about US$32). UK seller. Look for seller 'Pigheadman' on the US eBay site. Good de al?

2. Louis Mazzini

Louis Mazzini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Price-wise, that's probably less than Sony will be selling it for but, no, not really.

I had one of these remotes, and I didn't think it was very good. Or rather, it was excellent, but with one massive drawback: You can't use it to skip from one artist to the next.

I now have an MC40ELK, far better. My advice is look for one of those on eBay instead.

3. drmoze

drmoze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What's the reason for not being able to skip to another artist? Can you still earch titles with it? Skip tracks?

4. alike

alike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can skip trakcs, but bear in mind its only got a one line display as opposed to the mc40, which has three. personally i find the mc35 very good, because

a) its a lot cheaper than the mc40
    b) if i wanted to search for a specific song, even three lines wouldnt be enough (ie. mc40)
    c) i can skip trakcs and use it to put into shuffle mode.

if i really wanted to find a track id just take the player outta my pocket. £18 is a good price, i got my one for £22.76, inc. p&p