Slippers

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
After years of not being a Slipper person I have decided to take the plunge. Our beige carpets are forever picking up black fluff from my socks and my Girlfriend is demanding change :oops: Are there any forum Slipper enthusiasts that can recommend me any. What makes a good pair in your opinion ? Personally I am leaning towards comfort over style but I would like something that I can still look dapper in when taking the bins, signing for packages or telling canvases to sling their hooks etc :D

ps3mad

Banned
After years of not being a Slipper person I have decided to take the plunge. Our beige carpets are forever picking up black fluff from my socks and my Girlfriend is demanding change :oops: Are there any forum Slipper enthusiasts that can recommend me any. What makes a good pair in your opinion ? Personally I am leaning towards comfort over style but I would like something that I can still look dapper in when taking the bins, signing for packages or telling canvases to sling their hooks etc :D

Are you looking for a matching pipe too? :laugh:

IronGiant

On the odd occasion when I do wear them I like the sheepskin jobbies and at the risk of being a slipper snob I do like them to be genuine sheepskin with its own wool on the inside :D

CooperUK

I got some suede ones from M and S for about £16 that are lovely and comfy.

Dark brown and look like slip on shoes.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
May I suggest something from the IanJ designer range:

Slippers.jpg

Prasius

There is only one possible choice for the "younger" Slipper wearer - Homeys - Cool Slippers

I will admit I openly love mine!

(don't let the fact Chris Moyles has a pair put you off...!)

bodoman

Distinguished Member
Slippers, Beige Carpet, Comfort over Style, all the classic signs are there, yep old age is here my friend :laugh:

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
There is only one possible choice for the "younger" Slipper wearer - Homeys - Cool Slippers

I will admit I openly love mine!

(don't let the fact Chris Moyles has a pair put you off...!)

I'm all over that. Brilliant :smashin:

Slippers, Beige Carpet, Comfort over Style, all the classic signs are there, yep old age is here my friend :laugh:

whats that !? SPEAK UP DEAR :D

deckingman

A mate of mine wears slippers all the time.

And I mean ALL the time. Drives his lorry in them, digs the garden in them, goes to the pub in them.........

In case you are wondering, he goes bare foot in doors.

lynx

Senior Moderator
I like the sheepskin jobbies and at the risk of being a slipper snob I do like them to be genuine sheepskin with its own wool on the inside :D

Yep, they're the puppies for me :smashin: £25 from costco.

Det

Distinguished Member
Go naked or go home.

Rorifett

Distinguished Member
Flip flops :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Sorry for laughing but i think they are the worse things ever.

Could be worse, could be a ps3 on each foot :p hehe nah but seriously, I've kinda moved on from slippers to just the flip floppy things 'sandals' perhaps might be a more manly term... :D

Peridot

Flip flops :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Sorry for laughing but i think they are the worse things ever.

I wear Crocs around the house. Not sure if that's better or worse but definitely safer after a few shandys :D

unique

Could be worse, could be a ps3 on each foot :p hehe nah but seriously, I've kinda moved on from slippers to just the flip floppy things 'sandals' perhaps might be a more manly term... :D

i did it the other way round. in my last flat my feet used to get manky on the wooden/laminate floors and i spotted a pair of flipflops with a cool design so got them so when i went to and from the shower my feet wouldn't end up getting dirtier than they were before i started. i then started wearing them about the flat to keep my feet clean. wearing socks was dangerous as the floor was to slippy, and wearing trainers or something made your feet and the trainers smell, so flip flops did the job

a couple of months ago i was in a shop that had a sale and they had some branded slippers, so i got a pair as the problem with flip flops was that when it was cold you had to wear a pair of socks too. i felt a bit ashamed to buy them, as it's a sign of becoming a coffin dodger, but they were good for the job. the only problem with them i found is that they can start to smell easily if your feet sweat, as they are made of fabric instead of leather/plastic like flip flops, they soak up the sweat. i suppose the can probably be washed, but i just gave them a french shower with a can of deodorant that i don't like

SyStemDeMoN

Distinguished Member
I can never keep a pair of slippers for more than a month.

After a while my wife starts using them to hang the washing out and put our boy on his school transport amongst other things.

Then the dogs seems to either eat them, or start hiding them IN their bedding for comfort. I don't know how it makes it more comfortable lying on two lumps in your bedding, but these are quite strange dogs.

If they survive longer than this, then there must be something wrong with them so I don't want them.:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone