• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Slingcatcher: Anybody pre-ordering?

godfarter

The slingcatcher is finally going to be released here in the UK, pre-orders on Amazon are at £199.99 for 30th October 2008

Sling Media - SlingCatcher

Anyone excited about it and going to get it?

I have been totally waiting for this for such a long time but I read in some reviews that there are still bugs although they should be able to be ironed out via firmware updates.

I might wait a bit until the price drops though...surprised not to find any specific threads on AVForums about it :eek:

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Me want. :)

Looks like it plays vobs and ts files but I dont know if it streams as dts and dd5.1. There is no mention of this.

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Mmmmm looks like you have to attach a hard drive via usb to play videos. Its also has to be formatted fat32. There goes my idea of watching dvds stored on my nas drive. It also doesnt play the dvd menus out of a ts/vob folder.

Looks like I will be sticking to my pixelmagic.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom