Slingbox

Baxtero

Standard Member
Reaction score
Could anyone advise if you get a slingbox if you can watch one channel on it whilst a person in the house, at the box end, can be watching something else.

Got a mate who can't get sky for various reasons but his parents have it and wondering if a slingbox via their box would work and he could have sky in his house on his laptop whilst they continue to use as normal.

I suspect there's bound to be a catch that prevents this but specific guidance on this bit would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

No, the slingbox really just shows the picture that is also on the TV connected to the sky box.

The people at home could watch terrestrial though while the guy watches slingbox.

The Slingbox "Classic" that I use has its own built-in Freeview tuner. I can select any channel remotely but only one person can watch that channel via the Internet or Intranet. It also allows me to control any satellite TV receiver connected to it.

However, someone can connect as many other receivers to the aerial or dish at home as they like.

you would be able to get a multiroom subscription for sky, and connect the slingbox up to that I suppose. Then, he'd be able to have full control over the multiroom box, whilst his parents have full control over the main box...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom