Slingbox Discontinued NOV 2020

flipper2222222

Novice Member
Reaction score
Sling Media in their wisdom has set a 2 year sunset for Slingboxes.

I would like to stream my cable TV to my phone. currently has RCA out as the HDMI is encrypted.

anyone suggest a good alternative?

or
anyone smart enough to setup a slingbox without the sling media servers (when they get unplugged)?

Cheers

Yes. I received an email about this today from Slingbox. Appreciate that there are many other ways of "Slinging" now, but the two Slingbox ProHD and HDS600RS that I have, have served me well over the years. It would be great if some way could be found to keep them functioning, but I guess it would mean either finding a way to "hack" in order to provide a connection server - or I suppose, Sling providing access to the necessary code to make this happen. In my dreams!!!

yes, agreed, any communication with Sling Media I have had in the past has fallen on deaf ears.

for now I am looking for an alternative, which is proving very difficult.

A shame, but we all saw it coming.

Had mind for around 15 years and only had to replace the power unit once. I still find it a easier way to access live shows/recordings aboard without messing around with trying to get VPNs to work.

I had a solo red (1 power supply fail also) and bought a 500 a couple of years ago.

another forum user gave me a lead on this product. looks promising

not hdmi, but I actually want RCA as my cable provider encrypts the hdmi output

Just bought one from the bay. Only paid a fiver, is there a way to get this going?

I created a slingbox alternative using just two components available on Amazon for around $250.

All the details can be found here:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom