Slimmist Phone with a decent camera &

rhodos

Prominent Member
Reaction score
auto keypad lock. Any suggestions?

I currently have the Moto L6 just because its so slim. I want to go out without a brick in my pocket, abe ble to stay in contact and be able to take the odd photo - VGA is fine, 2M would be great. The L6 ticks all boxes except for auto key lock and calling my mum accidentally after a few pints while sat in the stalls aint a good move.

Any suggestions? I'm happy to pay a bit.

The sonny 880 was a contender but I hear its no keypad lock.

I dont text more than 2-3 a WEEK, so its just talk, slim and auto keylock I want plus acceptable photo quality.

all phones have keypad lock, and the w880 from sony ericsson is one of the best! 2mp Camera, 1Gb storage. its 7.6mm slim!

Matt

not all have auto-keylock - my nokia n80 being one :smashin:

yeh - sorry for double post - edited it and double posted by mistake :(

Anyway I do mean auto keylock i.e. it locks after say 30 seconds automatically. I hate manual keylock espacially on the L6 where the screen is dark for an age before it powers up to even let you know it needs to be manually key locked.

What about the Nokia 6300? Anyone know if it auto locks?

What about the Nokia 6300? Anyone know if it auto locks?

I think (though I may be wrong) all Nokias for a while have had autokeylock - it's not always on as default but hidden in the menu somewhere. Certainly the past Nokias I've had have all had this function.

Worth getting someone's opinion on it who actually has had one though!

What about the Nokia 6300? Anyone know if it auto locks?[/QUOTE]

I have the Nokia 6300, auto lock is not set as a default, but it can be set through phone settings.

6300 is a slim and light phone and you can set keylock to auto (timed) or manual. Camera is good and only complaint I have is the voice recognition for dialling is absolutely useless, unlike the old 6230 where it would recognise your voice.

Not very slim, but the SE k800 has auto key lock ( i use it, very handy!) and as far as I know, it's got the best camera currently available.... it really does take cracking shots. 3Mpix, proper auto focus etc.

Yeh, as someone said on here a few days ago, the w880i does have an auto locking keypad, and it's a very thin phone :)

Second vote for the W880i! Just got mine today (can verify is DOES have an automatic keylock) and it's awesome. Been using a W800i for the past 18 months so this isn't all that different, but it is soooooo much smaller.

Annoyed me that the nice horizontal flash menu didn't work when I selected the CityBeat theme (it should replace the 3x3 matrix)... bit of Googling revealed that branded phones (i.e. Vodafone, Orange and O2) usually disable the custom menus. 10 minutes of underground digging later and I've flashed my (30 minutes old!) W880i to generic firmware, latest version, and have a totally debranded formally O2 phone!

Ericsson W880 nice but whats with the horrible keys
Nokia 6300 actually a great looking phone for little monies
Sammy X820 pretty dam slim with a 2mp cam

I really like the SE W880i's keys to use. I find them really easy to use, although i do have quite thin fingers to use them with.

I actually went with the Nokia 6300 at £150 from Additions. Best price I could find on the Sony was double that (all PAYG). The Nokia is a bit thicker, but about the same as my Noto L6 and thats thin enough. If not I'll just "distance selling" return it and go for the Sony after all.

Any top sites for the cheapest PAYG 880 should I need to go that route.

You won't go wrong with the Nokia 6300 it's a very nice looking phone with loads of features. My sister has one and I get very envious of the form factor!

I actually went with the Nokia 6300 at £150 from Additions. Best price I could find on the Sony was double that (all PAYG). The Nokia is a bit thicker, but about the same as my Noto L6 and thats thin enough. If not I'll just "distance selling" return it and go for the Sony after all.

Any top sites for the cheapest PAYG 880 should I need to go that route.

The W880 would of been my choice however as you wanted a PAYG handset then your a bit early as it's so new then it's around £260 sim free and I haven't seen it on PAYG tarrifs
The Nokias nice enough though and reliable.

Theres been a couple of W880's on the forums here for under 200 quid...

hey,
i just wanted to ask if the nokia 6300
if it has something like phone security lock/ automatic phone lock.
Not keypad lock but the phone lock.
e.g if you leave your phone for certain amount of time then it locks itself
and in order to get into it you have to enter a password.
does anyone know???

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom