1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slimmest progressive scan, component DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by FairyCake, Jul 20, 2004.

1. FairyCake

FairyCake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    What would you guys say was the slimmest progressive scan, component DVD that plays DivX, mpeg, mp3, avi, wma etc out there. It should not only be slim, but the actual DVD tray itself should be as small as possible.

The reason for asking this is my Sky box, amp and DVD are hidden in an alcove behind my shiny new 50" Panasonic plasma. The equipment is all operated with a single remote via an iLink with the DVD tray sliding thru a purpose cut slot in the cover board. I'd siply like to reduce the size of this slot. In an ideal world, the slot would be as small as the ones car steroes/ DVD's have but I don't think this is possible.

Any input greatly appreciated :)

2. darrellr

darrellr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My mother in law just got the LG DV-8731 (or something like!) from Woolies for £40. It is real slim (allegedly 39mm high) and has PAL prog scan / component out. Sorry no idea if it does DiVX.