1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slimline ps2

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by bigdavie0, Aug 23, 2005.

1. bigdavie0

bigdavie0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi everyone,my daughter has got a new ps2 and i was wondering if it will support prog scan,for games as well as dvd
    if it does can you please tell me what type of leads we need and how to connect.
    the playstation is mainly used on a 42 inch plasma,the plasma set does not have component connections,all help would be gratefully received
    thanks in advance. :lease: dave

2. MattTheBeanster

MattTheBeanster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    ps2 prog scan is implimented in some games (mostly newer ones) not all, an option to use this is usually displayed when the game starts or is in the options menu. It can only be done through component from the ps2.

3. bigdavie0

bigdavie0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply matt
    would i be able to get a component lead to plug into my plasma tv because it does not have component connections
    also would i be able to watch dvd in prog scan from the ps2
    thanks dave :thumbsup:

4. MattTheBeanster

MattTheBeanster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    afraid thats as far as my knowledge goes. i don't use the the ps2 for dvd's (using a dedicated dvd player, much better quality) so don't know of it's prog scan capabilities with movies.

as far as the prog scan connections go, as far as i am aware you can only get it through component, dvi or hdmi (the last 2 being the new digital connections). If anyone else here knows different please post as i'm happy to be corrected.