1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slimline (as much as poss) Receiver?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Stinky985, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Having just moved house i find myself in a situation where the living room (3x3.5m ish) is smaller than my last house (though a bigger house) and now i need to re-juggle my AV setup.
    I refuse to do away with my Aegis Evo 3's unless i really have to, and my Yamaha DSP A5 is just too big to fit under the TV in the cabinet along with DVD Player (Sony DVP-NS900), Sky box & X Box. Any recommendations for a slimline receiver or i suppose any dvd/amp combos or even all in one systems?!or maybe even stands?
    If i am still screwed for space then the Evos will go and Kef KHT 2005.2 will be a treat to me to compensate!!

2. ntslik

ntslik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Have you considered the award winning Jamo DVR50 DVD/Receiver, highly awarded unit, not sure if it is really up to the power of the A5 but if space is an issue your not going to get a slimline amp with any sort of slim amp.

3. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    funnily enough i saw the reviews in the What Home cinema mag i have here! Though i must admit the Pioneer NS DV99 seems a bit better suited - covers all angles and that. Problem is, are both of these systems going to be as good or better than what i have? Things have moved on and that but the Sony DVD was top of the range a couple of years ago. I will need to use RGB scart but component would ne nice for later on just incase!

4. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    what about this pioneer? anyone got it? is it good?

5. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0