Slimbridge Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust - First trip out with D300

Tomfoolery

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Went out on my first trip with my D300 today after upgrading from the D70s. A great difference, just about everything is an improvement over the D70s.

I went to Slimbridge Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust reserve to try it out. Nice place...was a little bit fed up of ducks by the end of it though!

What made me laugh is at one point, while taking photos of some of the landscape, someone came up to me asking where the bird was that I was photographing. I told them I was just photographing the landscape - they looked at me as if I was crazy and walked off. I guess people at Slimbridge Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust like their birds!

Used a sigma 10-20 for the first photo, and a nikon 70-200 f2.8 for the others.

cheers,
tom

Nr 1 looks like HDR, which is not my cup of tea :)

Nr 2 a little bit too bright.

Nr 3 - Wow! I love it! Great photo!!!

Nr 4 - Looks very, very sharp, almost too sharp (weird); very 3D?

Adrian

Last edited:
I think number 2 is overexposed a bit.

I like the third shot, but maybe would have cropped it tighter to move the duck closer to the bottom right to take out some of the foreground.

Hello there

A place I woul;d like to visit, as I have now been to 3 other wetland centres.

#3 is the standout shot for me, nicely done.:thumbsup:

Cheers Holo:smashin::smashin:

Number 3 is a very cute shot. Well spotted! :thumbsup:
For me, the seedheads in the first shot are too dark, but other than that it's a nice landscape.

Look forward to seeing more from your new camera. :smashin:

Thanks for the comments everyone :) always good to hear peoples opinions.

Trying to decide whether its worth sending number three off to the WWT nikon photography competition 2009, or whether I'd even have a chance against some of the awesome pictures they will no doubt receive:
WWT Nikon Photography Competition 2009 - Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT)

Although its a bit annoying that you actually have to print it off and send it them through the post!

Last edited:
Great set, I really like the HDR image :smashin:

Out of interest wich program did you use for your HDR effects?

Thanks Martin :) I used Photomatix Pro 3 and it was a combination of 7 different photos from the D300.

Those are lovely shots esp #2.
HDR in #1 is maybe a bit tasteful but it does really make me want to go there!

As with others, all shots are nice, 3 though is a beaut, lighting is just spot on. Well done.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom