1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim Receiver with certain features

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Howard0000, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a slimline receiver (although preferably not a reciever as no FM radio is needed, but nevermind if it is included) with 6.1 sound as the foremost feature. ALso if possible an amplified subwoofer output. I know these may not be too common, but do any exist at all?

Thanks for any help

2. doorknob2k1

doorknob2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Yeah I've been considering that one and it seems perfect besides the subwoofer amplification. However most receivers that aren't part of a cheap all-in-one package only seem to have pre-out for the sub don't they?

4. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    most av recievers just have a sub pre-out, but a lot of subs have a passthrough, where you pass the powered left and right speaker cables through the sub and it uses the low freq to power the sub. just set all speakers except left and right to small, set L and R to large and the subwoofer to NO, the sub signals will be passed to front speakers and therefore sub.

however this will not ease the load of the front L and R, which is part of the idea of subs.