slim ps three?

mohebi

Standard Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering if the slim version of the ps3 has been annouced at the recent sony conference? i really want to buy a ps3 but not if the new version will be out soon!?

also was the 160gb ps3 released in uk? i cant find it anywhere!

thx

Nope, nothing announced. It will be September time if they do and it looks like it's real.

I only see 160GB PS3's in the chain of Currys, PC World, ect but it was limited Edition, so maybe they've stopped it now.

Save some money and pick up a PS3 but upgrade the HDD yourself

Save some money and pick up a PS3 but upgrade the HDD yourself

Agreed, grab the cheapest 40GB PS3 and stick a 500gb hard drive in it ;)

I think that place who sells new consoles with bashed boxes were flogging 40GB models for £169.99 last i heard :eek:

Can't remember what the gaff was called, buy it here, there, everywhere or something :D

wont this affect the warranty? i had a 60gb that overheated and i sold it to gamestation, they realised soon after they gave me cash:D

dixons have 80gb with infamous for £280, so ill get that and upgrade hdd

thanx!

The warranty isn't affected by swapping out the HDD, in fact there's a guide to doing it in the box! :)

There has been more rumours, hints, suggestions and offhanded talk that the Slim PS3 is coming and is coming In Late August early September you can be pretty safe in the knowledge that one is coming IMHO.

How slim is the ultimate question, everyone is thinking it is going to be the equvlant to the PS2 to PStwo slim size drop.

I highly doubt this at the moment. I personally think it will be relative drop in size of the PStwo slim to the new SCPH-90000 Super Slim size drop (i.e a small size drop).

It will have the 45nm CPU in there, but there is no chance of a 40nm GPU in there as manufacturers are having huge problems mass producing them.

55nm possibly but very unlikely so its still going to be hot enough to need a fairly large case with a 45nm CPU / 65nm GPU mix.

Regarding the website selling at £169.99 is buyithere

Home :: Buy It Here

They don't have any in stock at the moment but they get them in literally every week to a fortnight so its worth keep checking back.

Last edited:
buyithere.... i wasn't far off :D

I reckon a PS3 Slim would probably be about half the size of the current ones. I don't see it being much smaller. May also be landed with an external power brick

thanks a lot for the link.
if its just the box thats damaged then its a great buy at £170(40gb ps3). and they have psp 3000 with fifa for £90!

best £260 spent if they get them in! :clap:

I reckon a PS3 Slim would probably be about half the size of the current ones. I don't see it being much smaller. May also be landed with an external power brick

will it also have a lid that opens at the top which saves no space at all like the PS2 :D

Hey, it hasn't happened, has it? It has "will have going to have happened" happened, but it hasn't actually "happened" happened yet, actually.

And if it does happen it will be PSthree not PS3, as per PSone and PStwo

I've said if it doesn't happen I'll eat my ps3 and shove the discs where the sun don't shine and post a pic for good measure.

We need a deadline date as to when you will do this if it doesn't get released by.

i keep seeing this new PS3 logo they seem to have dropped the full title..getting all there ducks lined up ready for the slim PS3

i keep seeing this new PS3 logo they seem to have dropped the full title..getting all there ducks lined up ready for the slim PS3

True, but it's not the one on the supposed 'leaked' box pics.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom