slim line receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jamiejag2, Feb 8, 2009.

1. jamiejag2

jamiejag2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello can anyone help. Just ordered a nice new panasonic plasma and a nice stand. The problem is the stand has lots of space for dvd storage but the part where the av equipment goes is quite slim probably about 6 inches. It will take a hddvd and sky but I don't think it will take a proper decent beginner amp like the onkyo or sony models. Our room is small anyway danyone know of a suitable high quality but slim model please. Thanks so much for reading my post.

2. William YZF-R1

William YZF-R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +536
    I think Receivers like the Onkyo/Sony you mentioned are of a similar "standard" size which is in part due to to the proliferation of inputs/outputs/speaker connections on the rear panels.

The slimline all in one theatre packages get away with it because they have few inputs in comparison and proprietary small speaker connections.

3. Don Dadda

Don Dadda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +728
    Hi :hiya:

Try Cambridge Audio 640R/540R and 340R range. The 640 is 150mm high and 340/540 are 100 high. Hurry though as the only place that sells them are Richersounds and the 640/540r looks like they are being phased out as they are only in their Clearance section. In fact i don't think they sell anymore 540R.

Another is the Arcam AVR350 145mm high.:smashin:

4. jamiejag2

jamiejag2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks a lot for your reply I measured the aperture and it is 14 cm high !!!!! maybe the cambridge could squeeze in. I still have acambridge hi fi amp bought in 1986 that still works and I like to buy british if possible.