Slim centre speakers matching with MA Silver

RichNew

Novice Member
Hi all,

Currently have MA Silver RX6 mains, Bronze FX side surrounds, Bronze BX2 rears and 4 C165’s for Atmos. Fronts are powered my a Naim 5i and receiver will be a Denon AVR-X3600-3700 when i can find one.

I currently have a Bronze centre, but im about to move rooms and the wall the TV will mount onto is a panelled sandstone wall, with no TV cabinet. I could upgrade the centre to say a silver C350 and get some wall mount brackets, or a stand, but i think its still quite an ugly solution. I’d quite like a slim wall mount centre, but im worried at how much im going to sacrifice audio wise to achieve a neater looking visual.

Im looking at something like the Radius 250 or the SoundFrame 2 On Wall. Does anyone have any opinions on what route they would go?
Thanks
Rich

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
You don´t happen to have this finish:

You could consider the C150 which is quite compact and sealed so should work fine when wall mounted. Personally i wouldn´t go any smaller (Radius 225 etc) but it´s your call. Center channel is most active speaker in your system with movies. Wouldn`t be ideal to downsize too much, i would try to listen without it turning center channel completely off from Denon menu if too big compromise.

Stu75 member here who rarely visits AVF anymore has RX8 with that new C150. He was very pleased with the upgrade from Kef Egg center channel which is on par with Radius.

view

view

RichNew

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply.

No, gloss black unfortunately

This is hopefully only a semi temporary setup, maybe a couple of years, in which eventually i will build a dedicated room and not have this concern. My thoughts are that as its mostly vocals on the centre channel and not often music, the smaller enclosure and drivers may not have been too much of an issue?

Thanks
Rich

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
You will hear the difference between example C150 and smaller enclosure Radius 225/200. But sometimes compromises are needed. Have a talk with local dealers if someone would give you home trial or just returning option. Some might have demo peace which you could loan. Audio-T, Peter Tyson, SSAV, Richer Sounds etc. Call them through!

Richardxx

I got a Radius 225 as a centre last month it comes with its own wall mount and does not project further out from the wall than my TV although that is only the small 48inch Sony OLED. I like it anyway.

password1

Distinguished Member
The rx Centre would be perfect but if its too big, then another option is the apex 40 centre.

S3rv3d

I have a gloss black R250 which I could get in the classifieds if you decide. I swapped it out for a 200 as I needed a smaller length centre.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom