Slightly raising a tv on a stand to fit a soundbar

HMTB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new tv, soundbar and tv stand. I think I have found a stand I like, but it has only 1 proper shelf for my PS5 and 4k player. This means the tv and soundbar need to be on the top of the stand - I don't want to wall mount the tv.

The depth of the tv stand is 45cm and the tv's pedestal stand thing is 35cm deep by 39cm wide. The gap in height between the tv stand and where the screen starts is just under 6cm.

The soundbar I'm looking at is 12.8cm deep and 6.4cm high. If I get this and do nothing, the soundbar is about 0.8cm too high for the screen and I'd want it to sit under the screen and not encroach higher. The depth of the tv with the soundbar together is just under 3cm too deep for the unit.

My plan was to push the tv stand as far back as possible so the tv's base overhangs those almost 3cm at the back of the stand and between the wall. But I also need to raise the tv by about 1cm.

Was looking at getting some sort of thin plywood planks or similar thin wooden base to raise the tv and cover the 3cm overhang at the back. This should, hopefully, not been visible and should be obscured by the soundbar.

Anybody tried anything like this or found something useful to very slightly lift the tv above a soundbar without mounting the tv or changing the tv's stand?

I just bought a shelving plank at the local home good store, similar to these:

16193139.jpg

found a company online that cuts custom sized pieces of plywood to order, so will give them the dimensions and thickness I need and then place that under the tv, letting it hang at the back by 3cm. If that works, I'll get the soundbar I want - if it doesn't, I'll go for a smaller soundbar that fits without all this.

First choice bar is the Sony A3000. Backup choice is the Bose Soundbar 600.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom