Slightly O/T but... unlimited legal downloads?

• Thread starter Deleted member 39241
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 39241

I have noticed a number of websites popping up offering unlimited legal downloads of movies, music, software etc., for prices in the region of $30 a year?

One site is even a sponsored link from AV Forums.

These are a couple of examples

www.easydownloadcenter.com
www.internetdownloads.org

I already started a topic here but wondered if anyone on this forum has any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
No-one any opinions?

Are they legal?
If not how are they getting away with it?
Sponsored links from Av Forums and Google.

Last edited by a moderator:
All your really buying is rebranded versions of P2P software (most of which is free anyway). Your legal rights for downloading/uploading things through this software is exactly the same as everyone elses - if it is under copyright you need the permission of the copyright holder.

These sites are simply a ripoff.

from front page on the top link
By joining our site, you agree to obey and comply with all relevant copyright laws. Do not download copyrighted material that you do not have the rights to download.

So in essence yes they are legal but as long as you don't download anything which is copyrighted :)

Maff et1 said:
All your really buying is rebranded versions of P2P software (most of which is free anyway). Your legal rights for downloading/uploading things through this software is exactly the same as everyone elses - if it is under copyright you need the permission of the copyright holder.

These sites are simply a ripoff.

Which is ironic (and not in an Alanis way either)

Skunkpipe said:
Which is ironic (and not in an Alanis way either)

I have seen some non copyright material on p2p networks, mainly the p2p download programs...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom