slight problem with fujitsu 42" plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by matt bellamy, Nov 9, 2004.

1. matt bellamy

matt bellamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a solution to a problem that I have with my plasma. The problem is with the aspect ratio. The screen sometimes can't "decide" on which aspect ratio to set to and on some DVD's/games it will continually flick between different aspect ratios. There isn't a way on the menu to set the screen ratio but was wondering if anyone knows of a way to solve the problem.

Thanks

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    This is a VHA or HHA on scart, we are guessing. Sounds like a problem with the source. I'd be willing to bet the console does not send any aspect data. I think I'd be inclined to clip pin 8 off the scart lead, and use the remote to set it manually.

3. matt bellamy

matt bellamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No it's not connected with a scart. The games consoles are connected to a yamaha amp with video leads and the dvd played is connected to the yamaha amp with an s-video lead. The yamaha amp is connected to the tv with an s-video lead. I have tried connecting DVD player directly to the tv with s-video lead but get the same problem.