1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slight niggle with my yammy rx-v630rds

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by james.miller, Apr 12, 2003.

1. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    the pre outs (sub,L,R ect) are all very low. im sure they shouldn't be that low. I used to have a yamaha processor and the sub output from that was 10 times what it is from my amp. i literally have to turn the sub amp to full to get a decent responce from it (which as you can imagine brings some nasty background noise into the equation when it shouldn't). It's also the same from the 6-channel out aswell.

Is this normal? or is there something i can do about it?

btw i have main speaker lever set to -10 and LF level set from -2 to -0 on the yamaha

2. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    oh and, while i think about it - is it ok to leave the impedance selector at 8omhs when im using 4-8ohm speakers?

3. SystemBlack

SystemBlack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure about the 630 but my AX620 seems to be ok, have it checked out to see if everything is hunky dorey and if you use one set of 8 ohm speakers, set it to 8 ohm. If you have any doubt, set the switch to 4 ohm, it will work ok and be safer for your amp.