• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Slight GS2 disappointment

spookydarren

Established Member
Had mine for a week or so and thus far very impressed after coming from owing iPhones for the past five years or so. Went on the android store today and fancied Samarai 2 but was informed that it was not compatible with my non Tegra device. I thought ***! If I had known that i was compromising on gaming performance and options I may well have reconsidered the LG or even the Atrix. At least with the Apple app store i knew that the apps and games would work with my device but then again I did always have the latest phone. Sounds familiar.

What am I missing on my non Tegra device then?

oddbubble

Established Member
it should still work on your phone, it just hasent been optimised for your processor

infact the processor in the s2 will run rings round tegra

spookydarren

Established Member
Thanks for that link, its showing games that don't appear on the Android market, is it the same as the app store for different global markets UK, US etc?

spookydarren

Established Member
infact the processor in the s2 will run rings round tegra[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought at first. Maybe the devs will release versions that will be compatible in the future.

oddbubble

Established Member
i dont think they are getting there games from the market if you know what i mean

as long as the sgs2 sells aswell as the original they will optimise the games for it

WhyAyeMan

Prominent Member
This is what you should expect buying bleeding edge technology; always go into it with your eyes wide open.

The SGS2 will come good, it has a few things that need to be fixed or refined, but when it is, it'll be great!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom