slight flicker on TV screen running XP

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by andi1977dog, May 28, 2008.

1. andi1977dog

andi1977dog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi, with help from the forum ive finally managed to get my laptop display on my tv screen via advi to hdmi cable ran through my onkyo 606 amp, only problem is now a very slight flicker that seems to come and go and effects the letters in teh windows menus. i have a sony kdlw2000 1080p tv and a dell latitude. any ideas how to remove the flicker ???

thanks in advance

2. andi1977dog

andi1977dog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    p.s ive now realised that the flickering only occurs when im running a video such as bbc iplayer. when the video isnt running its cystral clear ! any thoughts anyone ?? thanks

3. MickMack

MickMack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You've been at this some time haven't you? It sounds to me like a poor connection somewhere. If you have an expensive HDMI cable, they tend to be thick and heavy, try to support it with a bit of blue-tack or something at the point of entry. Also, if I remember correctly from one of your other threads, you're using a DVI/HDMI converter, is it a quality one, or was it free with your computer? You might want to consider spending some money on a new connector/cable.
    Set your system going so that you can see the fault at it's clearest, then support each connection in turn (with your finger) till it goes, support the offending connection permanently as described above.
    I've never been a fan of quick push in connections (USB/HDMI etc), I prefered the old screw in D sub type, you knew they were connected.

Good luck again, Mick. :thumbsup:

4. andi1977dog

andi1977dog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ha ha ha lol , :D yeah ive been at it a while , im very very very slowly sorting all the little problems out, this (and the sound one) are my last issues hopefully . ill try your suggestions tonight and see how i get on. thanks again