Slight confusion

Jonesy012

On the simplicity tariffs, say a 30 day one. i do not understand how it works. I assume the 12 month one, you pay for every month like a normal tariff, but the 30 day one doesn't seem self-explanatory. Do you just pay for a month, and after that month you need to pay again or it won't work?

Also, what's the catch :p

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
On the simplicity tariffs, say a 30 day one. i do not understand how it works. I assume the 12 month one, you pay for every month like a normal tariff, but the 30 day one doesn't seem self-explanatory. Do you just pay for a month, and after that month you need to pay again or it won't work?

It's a rolling contract meaning that you are on a months's notice if you are on the 30 deal, or once you've been on the 12 month deal for 12 months.

OnAlso, what's the catch :p

No catch as such, there's no "free" phone, just minutes, texts, data and no super long contract.

Jonesy012

That sounds perfect, why doesn't everybody do it?
Or is it cheaper for the sim assuming people can't afford the phone out-right from Apple?

Professor Chaos

Or is it cheaper for the sim assuming people can't afford the phone out-right from Apple?

not everyone does it because some people want a subsidised phone. Personally, I hate long contracts and have been on Simplicity 20 for the past two years . :D

The downside? The huge outlay for a new iphone every year :rolleyes:

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member

By "everybody" do you mean the networks? If so they all offer sim only deals.

If you mean customers, then some people prefer a contract so they can get a nice new phone cheaper than buying it outright like the sim free folks have to.

Whatever works for you I guess....

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom