1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slight buzz comming from my amp.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by PikPik Carrot, Sep 10, 2005.

1. PikPik Carrot

PikPik Carrot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Cyrus One Amp, theres a slight buzz coming from it, i think the humm/buzz is from the transformer on the power supply inside, may be feed back noise from something dont really know. Cant really hear it unless up close or at night when its silent in the room trying too sleep. I was wonder would changing the power cable to one of these ones i see in what hifi what are meant to eliminant noise that is in the power stop this buzz? like the merlin tarantula of the russ andrews classic powerkord.

2. PikPik Carrot

PikPik Carrot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK im guessing know one knows if it will remove the buzz, but what other difference's will change the power cord to one of those two i mentioned improve ?? sound quality i get from the amp??

3. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I believe two likely culprits will be transformer winding vibrations or some external (most likely) "DC offset" upsetting said transformer, which can also cause the former.