1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slideshow onto camcorder onto vhs tape

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by slewis1972, Jan 24, 2004.

1. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK -

This is a weird one,

Basically, is there anyway - I can get 150 pictures, into a sort of slideshow - on a pc - then transfer them onto vhs tape - and hence watch them on the tv. I have a camcorder Panasonic dv65b which has a smart media card dv in/out and will buy a firewire card if I can do it.

Is this possible?

Scot

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes almost any video editing software will allow you to do that once you have your pictures on your PC in some electronic form (jpeg for instance) if you go to www.Ulead.co.uk and download a free trial copy of Ulead Video Studio 7 that will definitely do it as I do it often, you can also add a music track and narration and put fancy transistions between your photos.

3. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So - would I then - once created the slideshow - have to use firewire to put the slideshow back onto the tape - or could I just put it on the smart media card and play from there?

Scott

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends on what outputs you have on your PC, if you have video out you could connect direct to your VCR but for best quality I always record back to the camera via firewire and then from camera to VCR. If you have a DVD burner you can create the show on a DVD but even if you do not have a DVD writer you can create SVCD and VCD discs in your CD writer which will play on *most* DVD players and certainly on your PC. don't know about recording back to the smart media card, don't think you can put very much video on most of them. you'll need to show each picture for a minimum 5 secs I prefer 8 so at 5 secs 150 pictures will be 12.5 minutes, you may want to add titles and an ending so say 15 minutes. If you burn an SVCD or VCD you can of course pause it on your TV and view for as long as you like.

5. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok - just got videomaker 7 - and damn - that was easy to create a slideshow. Shame the quality of the pics has gone - I will try and convert from tiff > gif of jpeg and getting better quality.

Any idea if I can transfer back to the tape via USB?

Also - how much - size wise - will fot on a 60minute tape.

Also - a couple of pointers if you can - am I corect I record back as PAL. ALso - what video file do I create?

Also - looks like if I can put back onto take via USB is to geta firewire card for the pc - is it then easy to put my finished slideshow onto a tape

Many Thanks

Scott

6. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never had a problem with the quality of the pics, I always transfer them to UVS7 at maximum resolution from the camera as .jpg files.

I don't know about transfer back to camera via USB I would have thought NOT.

A 60 minute tape will take a 60 minute video

Unfortunately I do not know where you are in the world because you have not filled in your location in your profile, if you are in a PAL region use PAL if in an NTSC use NTSC. The type of file you wish to create depends on what your going to do with it. Choose DVD for a DVD or VCD for a VCD or DV if your sending it back to your camera.

Once you have the footage back to your camera simply connect the analogue out (red,yellow,white lead) to the input of your VCR and record it.

7. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pleased to see you've given us a location, now I can say yes output as PAL.